Saturday, April 23, 2011

2011 WEEK 16: Ghosts

I've been crazy busy this past week so I'm kind of cheating here... This week's shots from a couple of weeks ago when my lady and I took a stroll in the park on a cold grey day.

I think this bee was in half a mind to go back to sleep and wait for normal spring temperatures to resume.


Looking up into a magnolia tree...


Here's a close-up view of one of these flowers. This shot is probably one of my favorites of the day. I love the different textures and shades.


I've no idea who this is but thank you for giving a vibrant splash of colour and a focal point in the frame!


Now this next one is a little funky... See if you can figure out what's going on with these two ghostly figures then scroll down for the truth behind the image!


My original picture was going to be trees reflected in the lake... Then as I took the picture two people strolled by on the path above. So the truth behind this image is that it's a cropped photo with 95% of it being reflection and with the whole picture flipped upside down. If you're viewing this on a laptop, flip it around or if you're feeling really ambitious, try standing on your head and looking at it!

Here's another ghostly figure... I think she just walked out of the movie, "The Ring"! There's some serious darkness in those eyes. Don't stare at her for too long or she'll get inside your head!


I had grand plans for this next shot but it just didn't work. At least it didn't work when I took the photo. Thankfully some tweaking in Aperture 3 brought it closer to how I envisioned it. Not quite how I was hoping but I still like the atmosphere.


THE GEEKY STUFF: This series was shot with the Canon EF-S 55-250mm and the Sigma 10-20mm.

Over the coming weeks I will be sharing some behind-the-scenes pictures (and maybe even some video) of the webseries "Libelle" that I've just come onboard to direct. I'm very much looking forward to the adventure since it's an interesting project, has terrific people attached and will be shot on my little Canon 60D's older brother, the Canon 7D. I'm hoping to learn a lot about the video side of shooting with DSLRs on a professional film set.

Stay tuned and happy Easter to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment