Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2011 WEEK 15: Waterfront

Finally a little sunshine around here this week! It sure makes a difference for taking photos.


I decided to head down to Canada Place/Waterfront area and after an hour of wondering around, snapping away and feeling completely average in terms of my results I eventually found my stride.




The above and below pictures were both taken from the end of the pier at Canada Place.


I was just about to head back towards downtown when out the corner of my eye I saw a large shape gliding through the air. A shape much too large to be a seagull. He touched down on the light fixture at the very end of the Canada Place cruise ship dock.


It sure seemed like he was looking right at me. In fact, every time I re-adjusted focus and my camera bleeped he turned and stared me down. I ended up spending a good half hour watching him in the hope I could nail a shot of him taking to the skies again but he wasn't budging. Perhaps he was enjoying the attention too much. When he first landed it was just me and a dude in a baseball cap (who seemed completely indifferent to the eagle in front of him) but by the time I left there were almost 2 dozen people lined up along the railing snapping pictures on a multitude of devices. A news crew covering a business function at the convention center even stopped by to grab some "b-roll".

I ended up snapping a lot of pictures but I think this is my favorite.


These next two are inside the station at Waterfront. I've always loved this space, probably because there aren't a ton of historic buildings like this in Vancouver that remind me of home.



I like the abstract nature of the next few. See if you can guess where they were taken.




I ended my day at the Burrard Street Skytrain station which must surely be one of the most colorful places in the city right now with all the cherry blossom in full bloom. I couldn't believe how many people were here snapping pictures.





I can't wait for Summer to finally arrive!

THE GEEKY STUFF: All of this weeks images were captured with the cheapo Canon EF-S 55-250mm kit lens and the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5. Some post-processing was performed in Aperture 3.

Until next time folks, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment