Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2011 WEEK 14: "Painted"

Time to switch things up around here...

What does that mean? Well, for one thing, no photos of birds, flowers or random things within walking distance of my home! I wish I could say it meant I've been able to go on an amazing vacation somewhere exotic but- no... not this week I'm afraid.

Although some might say the subject and the talent featured in this week's entry IS exotic!

The following is what happens on a typical rainy Sunday afternoon around here. The results may be varied but we sure had fun doing it.


Painted from Neil Every on Vimeo.


This video features my second attempt at timelapse. The first pre-dated this blog and was just too bad to even bother sharing. This sequence was made using a $20 ebay bought intervalometer allowing me to snap 1 frame every 6 seconds for 45 minutes approximately. In hindsight, I would have gotten much smoother movement with a shorter interval such as every 2 seconds. Had I done this, the cats wouldn't have disappeared and reappeared in the blink of an eye! Hopefully I'll have more success next time - the more I experiment, the more improvement I should see. As for Mel and her painting skills, I think she's improving too, don't you?

If you have any words of advice or tips on our crazy creative exploits, do comment.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment