Monday, June 4, 2012

"Awww" Struck

Following on from my last post playing around with the SMC Pentax Takumar 135mm f/2.5 which ended with dog vs waterfowl chaos I was about to head off on my merry way when mom, dad and these little guys came ashore right where I was standing...


If only this next picture was perfectly in focus... Still, good enough to share simply for the cute factor of a gosling shaking himself off.


As the family waddled away across the grass I was about to slowly change my position when all of a sudden they turned back around towards me - I guess this is the Canadian Goose interpretation of the opening of Reservoir Dogs!


They quickly paired up two by two...


And looked like they were going to head back into the pond...


But instead, perhaps recognizing the unique vintage of the Takumar 135mm, decided to stick around and strike a few poses for me...


Still a little growing up to do before these little guys can take flight.



A light snack...



Followed by an afternoon nap in the sun...


A final family portrait...


And then we said our goodbyes...


It was very, very hard selecting these shots because between the Takumar 135mm showing me that it still has a lot to give the world, my camera and the wonderful subject matter, I was able to snap so many great pictures. Permit me a brief moment of pride here when I say these are probably the best pictures I've taken in awhile.

It's days like this that make me feel so lucky to be able to capture moments in time and, best of all, share those moments with others.

Until next time folks, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment