Wednesday, November 23, 2011

2011 WEEK 46: November Sunset

I'll skip the usual "I'm behind/I've been busy" malarkey and excuses for being late with the blog... But I did take the following photos last week so technically they are still "WEEK 46"!

I'm trying to get into the habit of taking my camera wherever I go. You know, just in case. On this particular occasion I had some banking to do and took a quick half hour diversion along the seawall - and I'm glad I did because it was a quite lovely winter sunset.


I wish I'd been framed just an inch higher so as not to crop the tip of the seagull's wing. I still have the bad habit of framing through the viewfinder instead of playing it safe and using a slight crop in post-processing to make the photo sing. I've lost count of how many times I've wished I was just a hair wider!


The above picture is right out of the camera. No cropping. No post processing whatsoever. Sometimes it just works :)

The seagull in the first picture was on his way over to these folks...


I love the blackbird flying in on an attack run in the lower right corner.


It was very cold on this day and the windchill made it colder. There was barely a soul on the beach. This guy was perhaps searching for another person who also "loves walks on the beach..."


Lots of washed up driftwood was littering the beach from the storm several days previous.


Winter light is very different to summer light and at sunset you can point your camera in two different directions and its almost like they were taken on different days. Towards the sun...


Away from the sun...


I know I've included a shot of the Inukshuk at English Bay before but these felt different enough to the one taken way back in WEEK 5.



And just for fun, here's a totally over the top, post-processed (and heavily cross-processed) "Thermo-nuclear" view! Where's the bomb shelter when you need one?


Considering I was only out for half an hour, I'm very happy with the shots I managed to grab before my fingers froze up.

I still have a few more to share so check back tomorrow.

Until next time folks, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment