Saturday, March 13, 2010

Revenge of THE BLOG!


Gosh its been awhile...

Apologies for those that missed me. Are there any of you? If there are then, for goodness sake I hope you're living your life to the fullest. There really is so much more you could be doing than coming here and reading my completely irregular and unreliable ramblings. I kind of feel like Josh Friedman except not as successful, bitter or sarcastic.

I have no real excuse for being away for so long. You know how it goes, that whole "life" thing... It has a way of well, happening! And in ways you never imagined. But then isn't that what makes it worth living in the first place?

To be honest, the pressure of blogging regularly, not to mention feeling like I had something worth blogging about got a little too much. Those that know me know that I don't do things half-assed and have a nasty habit of raising the bar impossibly high. Failure and lowered expectations and I have a love-hate relationship.

I was also busy. Busy working. Busy playing. Busy getting distracted.

Here's a re-cap of what's been going on in the world since October...

- I asked the love of my life if she wanted to spend the rest of her life with a tragically flawed, opinionated, egotistical, narcissistic writer and wannabe director and she said, "YES!"
- I did some writing.
- I managed to pay rent AND buy food that wasn't Kraft Dinner.
- I did some more writing.
- Christmas came and went.
- Swine Flu came and went.
- A small independent film called "Avatar" re-told the story of Pocahontas and, I'm told, actually turned something of a profit.
- A little thing called "The Olympics" stopped by and a few people with a lot more physical prowess than I (!) impressed, inspired and enthralled a Nation.
- A woman finally won an Oscar for directing.
- One of my friends finally got to direct his first feature (Congrats Derek!)

And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

With the exception of me getting down on one knee, there was one other thing that became and continues to become something very close to my heart. Namely a little something, something called "The Death of Alec Gray".

Sound like a movie you want to see?

Well I want you to see it too! And I'm working on it... Harder and with more passion and excitement than anything I've ever worked on before. In fact, it has become my primary focus and will be for as long as it takes me to get it out there onto the world's screens.

So what is "The Death of Alec Gray"? And who is this Alec guy anyway?

First off, its a feature length project and one I will be directing. We have as long a journey ahead as we've had getting to this point. So much so that I've decided to make this Blog a touch more exclusive in its subject matter. I'll be the first to admit that its a completely selfish choice but one that goes with my renewed focus and determination. Besides, this is my party and my soapbox!

In the months ahead I'll be giving more backstory on the project together with lessons learned along the way, progress reports, concerns, questions, frustrations and victories. Basically, an honest, no holds barred journal of the process of taking a movie from script to screen. I have no idea what may be in store. I have no idea how long its going to take. All I know is that I HAVE TO MAKE THIS MOVIE and if writing about it here helps me sort through all the chaos then its all been worthwhile whatever the outcome.

Stay tuned. I'll be back with more soon (ish).


No comments:

Post a Comment