Wednesday, September 9, 2009

NORMAL SERVICE WILL RESUME SHORTLY...


Yeah, I know, I’ve gone off the grid the past weeks…


A new project that my writing partner and I have been involved with for some time is moving to the next stage, so apologies for not having had anything to say lately. My Fall looks like it is going to be very busy indeed but I will be endeavoring to get something up here once a week.


Something that might motivate me more in keeping going with this blog would be hearing more from you!


I’ve gotten a lot of emails from people expressing kudos for my free story consultation offer and many have said things like, “I might” or “I should put up my logline”. Others have said, “I would, but my idea sucks” or “I haven’t gotten around to writing a logline for my project yet”…


Come on people! What’s not to like about something that’s free?! Or is it me? Are you afraid I may not like your work? Remember, it’s not about seeking my validation or my approval – in the grand scale of things I’m not worth much but if I can help you improve your project, I will. It’s not about pleasing my tastes (which, you’d be surprised, are pretty diverse all things considered!).


So to those of you who have had the courage to share your loglines, thank you! And to those of you who have doubts about sharing, all I can say is, what have you got to lose?


For those of you who don’t have a logline to share or to those of you who aren’t even writers but who have a mild interest in the film and tv world, please send your comments and let me know what you like, what you’d like to see more of, etc. Any questions you may have I’d love to hear, there really is no such thing as a dumb question.


More to come soon… Until next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment