Thursday, August 27, 2009

FREE Story Consulting!


It’s that time of year again people… Summer distractions will soon be over. It’s time to dust off our umbrellas and hide our sexy, toned and tanned beach bodies beneath winter clothes (hey not all writers are pale and sloth-like!) With ¾ of the year now gone it’s also a time to begin thinking about what we have to show for 2009…


Great, another smug blog to make you feel guilty and unproductive…


Wrong!


A lot of people have extended me an olive branch of advice, encouragement and general feedback and they continue to do so. As I advance in years, experience and lessons along the winding path of life in the land of movies, I’ve tried to do the same, be it sitting on juries and panels at script workshops or doing some pro bono story consulting from time to time.


And that’s exactly what I’m offering here today as my Fall 2009 act of “giving back” and saying “thanks” to all of those amazing people who have been gracious and generous enough to help me over the years…


THE DETAILS: Paste a logline for your project (short, feature or TV series) and the best/most intriguing/most insane one wins. Simple as that.


WHAT YOU GET: Me! Well, kind of… I’m not going to come over to your house and do your laundry and I’m not willing to give you a kidney either. What I am willing to do is read your script and provide you with written coverage AND an hour or two of my time in person (if you’re in Vancouver) or on Skype (if you’re outside of Vancouver).


The only rule is that the logline be for the script you want feedback on and that the script is completed! I can’t give feedback on 5pgs of a feature that you know (when you get round to writing it) will one day be amazing.


Any genre, any subject… And feel free to post more than one if you have multiple scripts kicking around. Depending on the response, I may give feedback on the loglines themselves prior to selection – maybe we can get a fun dialogue going here.


I’ll make my final choice on October 1st, 2009


Who doesn’t love free stuff, huh? So let’s see those loglines!


Until next time folks…