Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2011 WEEK 29: Birthday Girls

This past weekend, from July 15th to July 17th was a triple-whammy of family birthdays covering three generations. To celebrate, we had a wonderful picnic at Trout Lake.

These are the birthday girls, from left to right, my cousin Andrea, her daughter Lucy (celebrating her first birthday) and my aunt, Sylvia.


It was a refreshing change to be photographing people but with the exception of the posed photo above I tried as much as possible to capture natural moments from afar using a long lens. It was a terrific challenge (especially keeping the fast-moving children in focus!) so I started off with a couple of easier subjects to get me warmed up.


These homemade cupcakes from my cousin in-law Lori went down a treat.


Especially with birthday girl Lucy


Apparently the bread was a hit too


As were the party hats


This is my cousin Ian and cupcake maker extraordinaire Lori


And these are their two children Olivia...


...And Nathan showing off his reclining skills.


Lucy looked to be fading after all that cupcake eating


Until mom came bearing gifts


This is Lucy's new best friend


I think this little man might be jealous...


A protective Lucy keeps watch - nobody gets to play with the bear on her birthday


All in all, it was a great day that miraculously, the rain managed to stay away from. Huge thanks to my cousin Andrea and her husband Nick as well as my aunty Sylvia and Lori for the amazing spread.

Happy birthday ladies!


Until next time folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment