Friday, July 3, 2009

FADE IN:


Today I can cross something off my "things to do list"... Officially this is my first attempt at blogging. Unofficially, I rambled a bit on myspace a few years ago but back then I took myself far more seriously than I did the process so the less said about that the better. So what is "the process" to be here???

I'm thinking something casual. Something honest. Something that can grow. Beyond that, who knows. It would be nice if I can manage to find something worthwhile to say on a semi-regular basis. It would be even nicer if what I have to say is deemed insightful, thought-provoking and dare I even suggest it (?!) maybe once in a blue moon... Inspiring!

But let's just take this one step at a time shall we?

As for content, I plan to focus on the craft of screenwriting and directing in all its forms since that's what I spend an inordinate amount of my time pursuing, developing and, in equal parts, loving and despising. Beyond that, we'll see what doors open and close - Maybe I'll throw in my thoughts on the odd movie or TV show I've been inspired by/suffered through... Maybe I'll share cool TimBits (hey, we are in Canada eh?!) of random creative endeavors I stumble upon in my daily life. Beyond that I'm open to suggestions so feel free. I promise to try and keep my spontaneous asides, famed (?) British sarcasm and negativity (no, the glass is half empty I tell you!) brackets (what, they're distracting?) and... ellipses... to a minimum...

I'm tempted to write a longer first blog but that "things to do list" is giving me the evil eye.

Keep on pushing up that hill folks!

 


1 comment:

  1. Bring it on Every, we're all ears... Or in this case I guess 'Eyes'.

    Congrats on the blog. N-mode.

    ReplyDelete